The Best Wedding Venues in Sydney that You Didn't Know Existed
What makes a wedding venue a great wedding space?
For different people, the answer to this question is going to vary. Factors such as location (proximity or the the opposite for those wishing to getaway from their usual surroundings), venue capacity, style (outdoor garden vs indoor industrial chic), venue hire cost, noise restrictions, accessibility for guests, and access times for vendors all contribute to whether a wedding venue is right for you.
If you’re planning to have your wedding in Sydney, you are truly spoiled for choice. From grand ballrooms to industry spaces - Sydney has it all.
As wedding stylists, we have planned a fair number of beautiful wedding celebrations across Sydney and we have insights about wedding venues that the casual eye will not pick up on. So to give you a helping hand as you begin your wedding planning journey, we have put together this list of the best wedding venues just for you.
3. Ovolo Woolloomooloo
Does the thought of having your wedding at a boutique hotel set on a heritage building upon a 100-year old wharf with Sydney Harbour views excite you? You’re not alone because we feel the same way about this Sydney hotel and wedding venue.
Where you will find Ovolo Woolloomooloo: 6 Cowper Wharf Rd, Woolloomooloo
Style: industrial chic
Why we rate Ovolo Woolloomooloo as a top wedding venue:
- With high ceilings, original wooden beams and flooring with metallic light pendants - what is not to love?
- Probably the most funky (in a good way!) and cool boutique hotel in the Sydney metro area.
- You can have the option to choose to have an outdoor wedding ceremony on the wharf thus
having the beautiful Sydney Harbour skyline as your backdrop.
Our styling recommendations:
- Utilise their signature ambient light wall as a backdrop for your bridal table.
- Since it is a moody space by design, take advantage of this by using lots of candles to further
enhance the romantic and elegant vibe.
- Consider using projectors to light up the room in a creative and funky way.